Sunday 23 February 2014

WELCOME!


Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my ICT’s for Learning blog. This blog will be a reflection of my personal learning journey and understandings regarding the importance of technology as a means of enhancing and maximizing student learning. As part of our assessment, this blog will include weekly reflections and analyses based on our weekly learning modules. ICT is way of providing sufficient resources to present information in a variety of styles for a variety of learners.

By the end of this term I hope to have gained a greater understanding of technology and will have gathered a diverse range of resources and tools which I will eventually be able to utilize and implement in a real classroom environment.  

Hopefully this blog will offer other interested teachers with some essential tools and knowledge which can be adapted and used in the classroom.

I am very excited about expanding my technological knowledge as I am a little bit technically challenged. As this whole blog process is new to me I would appreciate any feedback regarding my blogs. I also strongly encourage any constructive feedback/criticism regarding my personal reflections and opinions.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my page! I hope it has been insightful.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ricci, Nice to meet you. I too am technologically challenged and coming to terms with all of the available ICT's out there is a bit overwhelming really. Do you think that the use of technology will be easily adapted by those of us who perhaps this kind of learning is a bit foreign too, and do you think the use of ICT will have significant benefit in the classroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you also. It does all feel very overwhelming however I do think it will become easier. Having created this blog in itself is a huge step for me and I must admit it is slowly but surly becoming clearer. I am still debating how I feel about using technology in the classroom. I think in moderation is will be a great way to help a variety of learners learn. However I am concerned about how it may effect essential literacy skills such as writing and spelling. I do have a very open mind and am very excited about learning some tools and recourses that can be applied to the classroom.
      I am curious to know how you feel about the use of ICT's in the classroom? Do you think it will have significant benefit in the classroom?

      Delete
    2. I think if I can build my knowledge, skills and confidence in using ICT's then I think it will have a benefit to learning for students. Lets face it, if I don't know what I'm doing then the children arn't going to be benefited in anyway. That's the first step I think.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ricci,
    I am prepared to promise you that the technical challenge will be a thing of the past by about Week 3! It is easy to gain these skills. What is harder to gain is the positive attitude and the excitement that you communicate. This is priceless.

    ReplyDelete